Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Wrong material

My writing is really small. It's hard to see. 

For the 2nd project, I chose the wax for the wrong material. 
To me, a wrong material is something which does not have any functionality.  
Wax changes its form depending on the temperature. It gets either solid or liquid form.  
While I am working, it melts and feels sticky because of my hand's temperature. 
It would be really uncomfortable to wear.

However, its transformability is related to my main theme of flow or cycle. 
When a thing moves or changes, there should be a certain energy or force to make that happen,
such as gravity, electromagnetic, or something magical power.

In terms of wax, temperature is the force to let the form change. 

I reintegrated these ideas into the shape of the thermometer and made the bracelet.

2 x 2 x 1/2





No comments:

Post a Comment