Thursday, February 26, 2009

Document ---- week 1

Object 1---test
(3/4" x 3/4" x 3/4")














This is done by electroforming (pump-off) and took 48 hours in the bath.

There are the subtle lines created by natural electromagnetic currents.

I can't see the line on the bottom.
This means the lines tend to concentrate on toward the top of the object.


Object 2----test
(top view)
(1/2" x 2" x 1/2")















(side view)
(1/2" x 2" x 1/2")



















The form is influenced by internal organ or something wavy or tube.

The four bolls are connected each other and become one shape.

I can see the electromagnetic lines on top of the each ball's surface.

I want to find out a way to control the lines and place them wherever I want to create.

Object 3---necklace
(6"x 6"x 1/2")














This is the just wax piece before putting in the electro-bath.
I am thinking to have a electromagnetic lines on top of the surface all over.

Object 4---necklace














I am still thinking whether I should have a space between each components or not.
Anyways, Lets put them in the bath!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Yoshie!

    I think it is great that you have documented the steps/process of electroforming. I think you could even show more--like an object being lowered into the crusty blue bath. This will be very intriguing for people who read your blog. I really respond to the top acorn/nugget form you created in the bath. You can almost feel the electromagnetic power. Your challenge will be to find a sensitive, yet exciting way to connect it to the body....

    ReplyDelete